Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Best Advice Your Father Ever Gave You!

The following are the responses I received from my Facebook fan page when I asked, "What is the best advice your father ever gave you?"  There are a couple of silly responses, but most show deep insight. Hope you find them helpful.  If you have "advice from your father" to add, please post it as a comment.
In His,
Al


There is so much but the one thing i remember and try to pass on to boys, is watch who you hang out with, cause if they get in trouble and you are caught with them weather or not you did the crime you can be punished just by being with them.


ummm...men are stupid. LOL I know it's sounds funny, but its true-he used to always tell me that growing up so I would learn to have patience with them when they don't "get it."

My father said dont eat yellow snow. Thanks Dad.


My father gave me the example of giving. I cannot remember a time where my father was not giving, paying for, or taking care of someone else.


If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all


My Dad use to tell My Brothers " never buy a woman You Love a pair of shoes! cause she'll walk out of you life.


If you are going to do something...do it right!


The poem "IF".

Marriage is 100 - 100, not 50-50.


God siaid it, I believe it, that settles it


"Someday" never happens. YOu have to make it happen.


"Keep your powder dry".

"Don't go in reverse any farther than you have to."


Learn how to fight (with your spouse).


Don't give Up!


Work before pleasure

When leaving on a trip. "Remember what you're forgetting right now."

Al Menconi Ministries
http://www.almenconi.com
Al Menconi Ministries Facebook Page
Parenting help for the Internet age
Christian Parenting advice
Entertainment advice for parents
Keeping Kids Safe In the digital age
Keeping Kids Safe in the Internet age

1 comment:

  1. You can do what you like as long as you take full responsibility for it.

    ReplyDelete