Saturday, August 27, 2011

TO AL MENCONI WITH LOVE

The wife of a young couple wrote this poem after a seminar.  I have this framed hanging in my office to remind me why I continue to teach the Christian Music Diet.  - Al Menconi, editor


TO AL MENCONI – WITH LOVE
I grew up with my radio beside me day and night. I’d listen to each song until I knew the words just right. (2Tim. 4:3-4) 

When Mom would drink and scream, my music made me feel so good. No matter what the problem was, my music understood. (Deut. 32:37-38) 

The rock stars were my idols. Their advice was my instruction. They persuaded me to live a life of sinful, vile corruption. (2Tim. 3:6-7) 

At twenty-one, I married Phil, to help my emptiness. It didn’t magnify my joy. It magnified my mess! (Eccles. 1:2) 

I finally screamed, “God take my life! I’ll do no good down here!” (Jonah 2:2) What followed was a blessed peace that calmed my deepest fear. (Phil. 4:6-7) 

Then Phil and I accepted Christ. Our sins just dropped away! (2Cor. 5:17) We made a pact with God. We said, “You speak and we’ll obey. We’ll give you everything we own, except our rock-n-roll. You understand, we love it Lord, with heart and mind and soul.” (Psalms 16:4)

But then, God whispered in our hearts a change that there must be. (Rom. 6:21) 

“YOU BOTH MUST GIVE ME EVERTHING BEFORE YOU CAN BE FREE.” (Exodus 20:3) 

Ironically, at New Song Church, was where we really changed. (Psalms 40:3) 

It took place at a seminar that God had pre-arranged. (Proverbs 16:9) 

When we heard Al Menconi speak, all barriers fell away. (Acts 9:18) 

We found ourselves absorbing all the things he had to say. Before my eyes, he stripped my idols down to what they were. (1Cor. 8:5-6) 

He didn’t judge----just stated facts. His voice was clear and sure. He backed his words with scriptures that will always stay with me. (Is. 55:10-11) 

Colossians, chapter two, verse eight----Second Timothy, chapter three. (Heb. 4:12) 

And also in the book of Psalms, in 101, verse three....This verse was so convicting, we got rid of our T.V.! (Heb. 10:26) 

It’s amazing how our lives have changed, by what we listen to. Al Menconi, we want you to know, we owe a lot to you! (2Cor. 3:5)

Through Christ, who truly strengthens you, You’ve used your talents well! (Matthew 25:21) 

How many peoples’ lives you’ve touched, only God can tell. (Heb. 6:10) 

I love you deeply in the Lord, and thank you from my heart, For allowing God to work through you to give me a new start. (Phil. 1:3)


For books and resources to help you connect and communicate values to your kids check out our website at: http://www.almenconi.com/

Al Menconi, Al Menconi Ministries, Parenting, Parenting help, Christian parenting, Christian parenting help, Parenting advice, Christian Parenting advice, Parenting tips, Christian parenting tips, Entertainment advice for parents, Entertainment advice, Christian conference speaker, Christian counselor, Keeping Kids Safe In the digital age, Keeping Kids Safe in the Internet age, The Christian Music Diet, It Doesn’t Affect Me.

Al Menconi Ministries Mission Statement:
Helping parents and leaders overcome the influence the entertainment media has on their families, motivate parents and leaders to connect with their children and teach parents and leaders how to communicate and model values to their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment