Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Does It Matter If You Don't Feel Saved? ? (AA #8)



I remember raising my hand to become a Christian when I was eight years old.
However, Satan convinced me that I wasn’t saved because I didn’t “feel” saved.  And because I didn’t feel saved, I concluded that Christianity didn’t work for me.   As a teen I decided that if I was going to Hell, I would live like hell.  And for ten years I did. 
One night when I came to the end of my hopeless search for happiness, I read Romans 10:9.  “...if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” 
I can do THAT.  I did, I was, and I am.  I still didn’t have a feeling of being saved, but I didn’t need it. Instead, I decided to rest on God’s promise. 
How about you?  Has Satan been lying to you?  Do you want to know you are saved? Read Romans 10:9 and believe it.
To help you grow in your faith, can I suggest checking out our Christian Music Challenge?
For music suggestions and more information, check out www.TheChristianMusicChallenge.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment