Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How Can I Really Be Happy? (AA #9)






C. H. Spurgeon wrote, “Where self begins, sorrow begins.”

That’s a diagnosis that explains most of our unhappy moments.

Am I angry? It’s usually because I am not getting what I want.

Am I resentful?  It’s usually because someone didn’t treat me the way I think they should.

Do I have self-pity? It’s usually because people just don’t appreciate me for all I do.

Am I bitter? It’s usually because I can’t believe that she or he, of all people, failed me this way!

Am I Happy? Content? Peaceful? --- That only happens when I learn to die to myself, live for God, and serve others!

Remember, where self begins, sorrow begins. Where self dies, joy begins.  Much of the time our entertainment choices encourage us to reflect on our selfish desires. 

Listening to Christian music can help change our focus.

 For music suggestions and more information, check out www.TheChristianMusicChallenge.com.    

No comments:

Post a Comment