Monday, August 4, 2014

It's All Donkey Dung (AA #4)



Paul tells us in Philippians 3 that he wrongly trusted in his self-righteousness for salvation.  But when he understood the truth of God’s Grace, he considered his former pursuit of self-righteousness as rubbish.  By the way, the word he used for rubbish in the Greek is often translated as donkey dung. 

I want to trust in Christ as Paul did.  Don’t you?  He totally relied on Christ and nothing else – the simple Truth of the Gospel.  I have an acronym to help remind me what complete trust actually means.

Totally Rely Upon Simple Truths

One basic simple truth I rely on is Romans 10:9.  ...if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 

When I read that verse I said is that salvation?  That’s simple! “I can do that.” And I did, and I was, and I am.

How about you? What is the simple truth you are relying on for salvation? 

For music suggestions and more information, check out www.TheChristianMusicChallenge.com.    

No comments:

Post a Comment